More News Articles :
- A Cut Above
- A new name for a new era in education
- NPTC Gets Physical for Mental Health Awareness Week
- NPTC Leading the Way
- Real Opportunities for students
- SPORTING STARS SHINE
- FORMER STUDENT RECEIVES TOP MILITARY HONOUR
- Anniversary – An Act of Memory
- If on a winter’s night a traveller…
- Dulux continues to search for its ‘Apprentice of the Year’
- Job Seekers turn out for NPTC Recruit’s Job Fair
- MONEY SAVING IDEAS - THROUGH TO FINAL
- Laying the foundations for a better future
- Senedd Visit
- NPTC Helping Nature
- Skills Academy Wales Apprenticeship Fair
- ST DAVID’S FITNESS CHALLENGE
- RED NOSE RELAY
- Little Bakers
- NPTC KEEPS IMPROVING
Olympic Bake Off
THREE bakery students from Neath Port Talbot College (NPTC) have risen to the challenge at a special 'bake off' against other colleges.
Rebecca Clifford, Level 3 Cake Decoration, Eleanor Jervis and Elizabeth Parkinson, both Level 1 Bakery and Cake Decoration students, had to produce twelve varieties of baked goods as part of the Future Baker Competition 2012. The produce then had to be displayed with an Olympic theme appropriate for a bakery shop.
The winners of the competition, which is sponsored by California Raisins, will be announced at the Alliance for Bakery Students and Trainees (ABST) conference held at Alton Towers next week.
Pic cap: Rising to the Challenge, NPTC bakery students Rebecca Clifford, Eleanor Jervis and Elizabeth Parkinson at the Future Baker Competition.